Wednesday, September 14, 2011

..Work Begins!

Hello from Uganda!

The last 2 days have been intense (understatement of the year). We have had meetings with MAF about all that they want to do with their site - future development and such. We have since walked around the site surveying it and talking to MAF staff while at the same time discovering it's beauty. I would upload a photo, but the internet connection and data plan is so slow that it would take an hour. There are so many constraints on this site, but at the same time, so many opportunities! It's a massive master planning project with some building designs included.

I'm loving it, but I'm also realizing that I'm in a bit over my head. I'm only one of two architects on this trip - the other being the head architect. That means that a lot of design and work falls into my lap. :0 It's amazing, but also intimidating. It also means that I probably won't be updating this blog very much over the next few days. Please be praying for me, the other architect and the rest of the team as we try to come up with a long term solution for MAF that could really solve some of the massive problems that they have right now and really bless them in the future.

This trip has been a great experience for me so far. I had kind of forgotten how good these trips are. One thing that has been good is that I'm the same age and at the same stage in my life as the interns that are on this trip from the Uganda eMi office. They are great. I do have a bit more responsibility (in how I act and the work I do) since I am an assistant architect as opposed to being an architectural intern. Also, my skills as an architect have already been pushed and I'm really learning a lot. It's so good, but I'm also finding myself fighting the urge to work all night on it.

God is also stretching me in multiple areas that the nature of this trip naturally demands - from leaving the comforts of my home in AZ to being vulnerable with my team about things that I'm struggling with. On that note, I'm leading the devotions tomorrow so I should probably start preparing for that. :0

I threw this together really quick so please forgive the grammatical errors and such. I just wanted to update y'all on what we're up to and what God is teaching me. Hope you enjoyed getting a peak into this trip on the other side of the planet (for those reading from back home). Again, please pray for the team. We have an awful lot to do and it could potentially greatly impact and help a few awesome ministries that are doing vital (and hard) work for the poor and broken people of Uganda and surrounding countries. I also still need some support to get this trip fully funded. Please pray that I can get that by the end of the trip - that's when it's due. You all are awesome!

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Timmy,

    I am praying for you each day! I am so proud of you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

..Hits

Free Hit Counter