Monday, September 5, 2011

..1 day! (...?)

I leave the US of A tomorrow!!!

Well, probably. I won't know until sometime in the morning - I know, I know... "how could you not know when you leave?" - I've heard that a lot. It's quite simple really. Our flight from Heathrow (UK) to Entebbe (Uganda) was moved back a day, so last week Mike asked me if I wanted to move my flight to Heathrow back a day as well, and I said sure, but either was fine with me. Long story short, he told his travel agent to switch the tickets, but she hasn't said whether or not that she has yet. She's in Canada, so there's an 8hr time difference which is part of the problem. She said she'll send us confirmation the day after labor day - which is tomorrow.

So, today has been somewhat weird. I've been doing laundry, shopping and starting to pack. Oh, and I got my hair cut. It was so long that after she (the Fantastic Sams lady) cut my hair, it looked like there were a couple of dead animals laying on the ground (sorry for the graphic). Needless to say, that took quite a lot of weight off my shoulders. Ha ha!

Before I forget, I have some encouraging news to share! Since my last update on my funds - I've been able to raise a lot more towards my trip thanks to my very generous friends and family! I now only need about $600-$650 - which I feel God will take care of rather easily (plus, I know of a couple of people who told me they'd donate). Praise the Lord! Thank you to everyone who has contributed financially towards my trip! I really, really, really appreciate it! Thank you also for praying for me and my team! Prayer is key. I've seen God really move on trips like this, and I feel it is largely because of all of the prayer going out from back at home. So, thanks!

Well, I'm tired. I need to get some sleep so I can finish packing in the morning (I know.....) and make sure I'm prepared to leave the country. Pray that I don't forget anything important!

I'll be in the UK for a couple of days before heading on over to Uganda, so I'll try to update on what the trip will look like from there. I learn more and more about it every day. It looks to be an exciting, busy, but epic trip!


Thanks for reading. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter