Thursday, September 8, 2011

..Castle Walk

Greetings from across the pond!

I'll be in the UK for the next couple of days prepping for this trip to Uganda. Well, most of the actual preparations have already been made, so it looks like I'll get to spend my time recovering from jet lag and praying for this upcoming trip. w00t!

Last night I was able to spend it at the cell group I was a part of last summer while I was here. It was great. I only told one person I was coming so it was quite a shock for everyone else. We spent the night drinking (lots of) tea, playing an English version of spoons, and just catching up. I loved it - even though I was half asleep. I'd only gotten about 2hrs of sleep in the past 2 days at the time.

Today, I was up bright and early because I couldn't sleep. This jet-lag thing is a bit annoying. I spent the morning talking with Mike and Marietta about all that's happened since I've left. It was really nice to catch up with them. They then told me that I should do the 'castle walk' since I didn't get a chance to last summer. So, after Marietta jotted down some directions, I was off on a beautiful walk through Great Wenham. To see more photos that I took during the walk, go to my Picasa.

the start of the walk

took a detour to see this medieval church


the only key that unlocks this ancient door to the church

this church was built in the 1100's!

this is a moat that surrounds the castle (which I didn't get to see)

back at the baylies after the walk

That last photo is of The Baylies - the quaint english house that I'll be staying at for the next few days. It is the home of Mike and Marietta Woods. Mike is the director of eMi UK and every time we talk we usually have long conversations about life and/or God. It's so great that they've let me stay with them here before we head off to Uganda. Such a great time of rest - well, spiritually, I still need to adjust to the time zone.

Thank you all for your prayers! I'll do my best to keep in touch.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter