Saturday, September 17, 2011

..Update

Hey everyone,

Well, yesterday was the mid-project presentation to MAF. Basically, we showed them what we were thinking as far as master planning and initial building designs go. Leading up to the presentation, we were extremely busy preparing for it. It was a crazy few days. The presentation went really well though and we are now ready to finish designing and early next week we will start to work on final presentation work (sounds like Architecture School all over again, lol). It's been a challenging project but it's looking like God is somehow pulling it all together to create a good design for MAF's future on their airfield.

I have been loving almost every minute of this trip. God has really been working on my heart through it all and it's been really good. The team is great and we have all grown close over such a short period of time. It's awesome. This trip has really been re-fueling my passion for architecture (which I had been losing) as well as working in missions - whether that's for a season, part time, or full time is yet to be determined, but the fire has been lit. :)

If you're curious about what we're doing every day, let me give you a quick peak into yesterday's activities...

We had devotions at the eMi East Africa office in Kampala. It was great to meet the entire staff there and be involved in their worship/prayer time. Later on we had lunch with the entire MAF team at their Kajjansi airfield. That was neat. After that we had the presentation which was really good to be a part of - I'm really learning a lot from all these design meetings. We then went back to the guest house, ate dinner, had our own team devotions, and crashed - I fell asleep as I was falling onto my bed. Well, that last bit was a bit of a stretch. Haha!

I'm starting to ramble and blurrrrr my sentences so I'll get off now. I'd like to get some sleep tonight. :)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter