Monday, September 12, 2011

..Arrival

Greetings from Kampala Uganda!

Wow. Today has crazy. After an overnight flight from the UK, I arrived with the eMi UK team in Entebbe at 7am this morning (9pm AZ time). We spent the morning at the MAF guest house (which is way nicer than I was expecting it to be) meeting the eMi EA team members who will be joining us for this project. The afternoon started with an introduction of MAF and all that they do by Steve their program director. It's an amazing ministry. We then drove down to Kajjansi airfield (MAF's airfield) and spent the rest of the afternoon talking to Steve about their ideas for future development of their site while walking around their site. It's an awesome location!

We returned to the guest house for dinner and after that spent the rest of the night together as a team. We first had a devotional that was really good and then talked about some more logistics of the trip. After that meeting, we had a time of testimonies, where we all shared our life stories and how God has brought us to Him as well as how He has called us to this eMi trip. Everyone had very unique and awesome stories. Some of their testimonies were really powerful and really impacted me. It's amazing to think how God handpicked this whole team to come together from all of these completely different backgrounds to work on this project trip in Kampala, Uganda. Mind boggling. God is wonderful.

I'm extremely knackered (exhausted) - as I think my blog will reflect. Despite that, I'm so excited for what God will be doing through our team on this trip. There are a few prayer requests that I feel compelled to mention before I go. The MAF redesign is so much more complicated than we could have imagined and there are many problems with the existing infrastructure / master plan. There seem to be a lot of difficult decisions that will need to be made before much can be done to the site. Pray that God would lead the MAF leaders to know what to do, and that we would be able to help guide them to know how best to use their site - so many possibilities! Also, pray for energy for our team. A few of us are a bit behind on sleep and we really need to be able to focus on this design this week. It will be a hectic 2 weeks.

That's all for now folks. I'll try to update when I can, but I'm afraid that I won't have much time to blog once this trip gets going in full gear. Also, the internet hear in the guest house is horrid. I keep losing connection and it's really slow. They've said that they sometimes lose power for 12hr periods almost every other day. I hope that doesn't effect the work we'll be needing to do. That also means that I probably won't be able to post any photos - uploads take too long and use up too much of their data plan. :/

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter