Sunday, May 23, 2010

.. What Breaks Yours

Cheers everyone! I made it to England this past week. w00t! It has been quite a busy week, but oh so good! God has been incredible (I guess He always is but I just noticed it more so this week). I'll just do a quick recap of this past week and then tell you about the upcoming weeks later on in this blog. :)

Sunday, May 16th (which in England they would say 16 May 2010 cuz they like to be different): I flied out from Sky Harbor (PHX) to Douglas Intl. (Charlotte) and that in and of itself was quite an adventure. I almost missed my flight because my correct boarding pass did not print out. Anyways, I made it to Charlotte, but then my flight to LGW (London) was delayed, and then canceled because of the ash cloud. One of the other interns met up with me there and we had a hard time rescheduling our flight. We almost were sent back home and had to wait 10 days, but we somehow managed to book a flight to Paris on Wednesday and then figure out our way to England from there.

Monday: Checked into a hotel in Charlotte (Sleep Inn) at about 2am with Jess (the other intern, and in seperate rooms, of course). Slept in (@ Sleep Inn), well actually, pretty much slept the entire day. Later that day we were able to book a flight from Paris to London on Thursday! (We also watched the Suns get cremated by the Lakers.. boo!)

Tuesday: Slept a lot more! Able to prepare my heart for this internship and just spend a lot of time with Jesus. :) I really needed that! I didn't really do much that day, but in the evening I met some friends of some of my good friends who live in Charlotte. We hung out for a while and I got to meet their family.. pretty chill! Lemme give a shout out to the Volks! w00t!

Wednesday: Was very tired that day from a late night and early morning. Hung out at the airport for a few hours. Flew from Charlotte to Philadelphia in the afternoon. Hung out at that airport for a while, then caught a flight to Paris later in the evening. I had been hoping to catch up on some sleep on the flight so I took some Benadryl when we took off, but the entire flight there was a baby screaming right behind me! Ugh! Gotta love being tested, haha! Well.. more to come later!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter