Sunday, May 16, 2010

..Adventure


..so.... I'm leaving for England in about 30 minutes! I can't believe it is finally here! This is crazy. In 24 hours, I will be sippin' on a cup o' tea in Colchester England... well, I actually don't know that, but I will be in England with eMi Lord willing (The volcanic ash might cause some flight delays :/ ).

I have very mixed emotions right now about leaving. On the one side, I am blown away by this opportunity and cannot wait to get there and start this adventure and see what all God has planned for me and the entire eMi office! But, on the other, I am really going to miss my family and friends this summer. 12 weeks is a long time. That really wouldn't be too big of a deal, but my best friend ever Evan Lumpkin has been battling a rare cancer for the past 8 months or so and will be going through the most intense round of chemo (and his last) starting this Wednesday. It breaks my heart that I will not be here to be with him during this hard time. However, I really feel the Lord is calling me to this internship, so I am leaving knowing that I am in His plan for my life which is very reassuring. I just wish it didn't have to be this difficult.

Anyways, if you could please, please, please pray for my friend Evan as often as you think of him in the next coming weeks. He will need all the prayer he can get. Also, check out his blog and see what his specific prayer needs are. He appreciates every prayer so much! His blog is found here - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanlumpkin

Aside from that, if you could be praying for me, and the entire eMi team as we are all preparing for this trip to Liberia that would be amazing! Pray for safe travels, open hearts, and for God to just completely blow all of our minds on this adventure! I cannot wait to blog about all the amazing things that are happening through this awesome ministry that I get to be a part of this summer. I cannot thank you enough for all of your prayers. Prayer is truly powerful. Thank you.

Also, if you were wondering about my financial goals for this trip, I believe I have raised about 75% already! Thank you all so much for your generous giving! I am well over the $5000.00 I needed to raise before this trip starts. I will however be continuing to raise the remaining $2000ish over summer. If you would like to donate please donate online at www.emiworld.org by clicking “Donate” and putting “Tim Berry-2816” in the “Designation” line. Thank you so much! I could not have made it this far without your generous giving and prayers!

Until the next blog.. cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter