Sunday, May 30, 2010

..Minding the GAP

...Wow! It has been a busy week! I plan on blogging again tomorrow or the next day with more detail, but I just wanted to say something I was thinking about today..

After two trips to London this week, I've discovered a few things about myself:
- I love traveling! I love seeing different cultures, different cities, different styles of architecture and the history behind it all!
- I don't enjoy being a typical tourist. Let me explain. On Wednesday, I took the train to London and made my way to meet a friend from eMi at a Thai place for dinner then went to a low key concert in a small venue called the "Underbelly". It was very chill and I really enjoyed the experience. Today, I went to London with a few friends and we toured all over London. We saw many of the main tourist attractions (In terms of architecture, of course). However, for most of the day, we spent most of our time just walking and taking the underground to see as much as we could. It was after a few hours of this that I realized that I would much rather just explore one or two buildings, or just go to an English event that was rich with British culture. Ah, but we finished the day with dinner in a legit English restaurant. So, all was good!
- I really wish Phoenix had an underground! It is so much fun and quick to get around the city! Also, an announcer tells you to "mind the gap" every time you board or leave the train! So legit! I also realized that I need to really enjoy the city more when I get back. I know there's a lot to see/do in Phoenix that I really have never taken much interest in for whatever reason.

Anyways, that's what I was just thinking about today. Hope you enjoyed the quick read (for me that is, ha ha!).

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter