Monday, August 29, 2011

..8 days!

Today has been great, but long and I'm tired, so I'll keep this short:

For starters, I found out how I'm doing as far as finances go for this trip today. I've raised $1500 out of $2850. Most of that is from me and one other person (hooray for them!). I'm expecting another $200-$250 soon, which is awesome. That will leave about $1100 left to raise. That's cake. Hopefully I'll get it soon. Mike (eMi Director) says that I need to have it paid in full by the time I return from my trip. So, that means I need to get $1100 donated by September 26th! I am in faith that God will provide - with a little help from you. :)

Secondly, I had a great conversations with one of my best friends tonight. It was great. We talked about how God calls us to live out his calling on our lives daily, not just when we go do "big" things for Him - aka this trip. He wants us to be faithful with the little things before He will give us the big things. As my friend said, "If He gives us the big things when we aren't able to even carry the little things, the big things will crush us". We can only grow when we daily live as children of God and are obedient in the little things. That way, we will someday be strong enough to carry the big things that He has in store for us. It's just like working out - muscle has to be broken down so that it can be rebuilt stronger than it was before. We grow through trials, through being faithful, through being obedient.

Anyways, it was a great conversation, and it was really encouraging for me. I already know these things, but I find myself talking about knowing these things more than I live them out. Knowledge without action will lead to unfulfillment. Knowing Jesus and what he has done for us should compel us into action. Through obedience, we will find something more fulfilling than any fulfillment we can get out of doing something on our own.

It's so simple - yet so profound. It's all about Baby steps - just a baby walking with my daddy (God).

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter