Saturday, August 27, 2011

..9 days!

So... I'm going to take a break from posting about my upcoming trip (well, mostly) to share a cool God-story:

There is this college program at my church called Faith Works that I've been wanting to attend since they started doing it a couple of years ago. I've been really busy with architecture school so I haven't had time to do it, until now. I was really hoping to go, and was practically planning on going - then I lost my job. I was hoping to may for most of my trip to Uganda and also for Faith Works but with the recent change in income, it wasn't looking like a smart idea.

A couple of days ago, I payed the down-payment for the eMi trip which was a bit of a leap of faith - since, again, no money coming in now. I'm now still trying to raise a large portion of the fee for the trip, so paying for Faith Works didn't seem like a good idea either. Anyways, today was the last day to sign up for the early bird price for the college program. I really felt God was calling me to take it so I was planning on signing up for it and just acting out in faith (I only just came to that conclusion in the past couple of days).

Well, last night, I heard from my old job - which I thought had pretty much closed its doors - and they said they were wrapping up a few projects and could give me some work this week if I was available. Needless to say, I'm going in to work tomorrow to help them finish up some things and it looks like I'll get enough work this week to pay the tuition for Faith Works - and possibly, a little more. (w00t!) I'm reminded of these verses from the Sermon on the Mount:

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

*I know that He promises that He will take care of us if we pursue His kingdom and righteousness, but I'm still blown away when He comes through for me. He is so good.

On that note, I am still looking for contributions towards my trip. If you are able to or know of anyone who could support me financially just go to www.emiworld.org and click on the “Donate” tab at the top right of the page. Then, fill out your payment information and finally, type, “Tim Berry - eMi UK - #11008” in the “Designation” line and click the "Submit Contribution" button. I will have an update on the progress of that by tomorrow - hopefully. Look for that as well as a better project description in the coming days. Also, please continue to pray for me and the team that God is putting together for this trip. Thank you so much.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter