Tuesday, August 23, 2011

..Adventure calls!

Hey everyone!

As you all may or may not know, I have been planning on going to Uganda with eMi to help design/re-plan the MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) airfield base and surrounding buildings next month. Today, I finally heard back from Mike Woods (the eMi UK director). He said that the trip is definitely happening, and I am definitely on the team (w00t!). Here are a few trip details:

I will be leaving Phoenix on Tuesday September 6th at 7:25pm and arriving into Heathrow (London) on Wednesday (7th) at 1:05pm (zzz...). I'll be with my UK peeps for the next couple of days. Then we all (the entire UK team, plus a couple of fellow Americans flying into Heathrow that day) leave together to Uganda, departing 9:15pm from Heathrow on Saturday September 10th. I'll be in Uganda until the 25th doin' work (designing, etc.). We will leave Entebbe (Uganda) at 9:05am on the 25th. We'll arrive back into the UK at 3:55pm on Sunday 25th and I'll finally leave Heathrow on the 26th at 2:35pm, which will put me back in Phoenix at 5:10pm on the 26th... whew, that'll be a fun couple of days.

More details on the trip to come!

Here comes the fun part:

The total cost of the trip will be $2850, which is $350 more than I thought it would be. Also, I was originally planning on paying for it - or at least most of it. Now, since I'm jobless, that becomes much more difficult. I already have around $1000 saved up for it, but that still leaves a lot left that needs to be payed. So, I'm going to try to raise money for the remainder of the cost of the trip in the next few weeks. This is where you come in. Please pray that I could raise the money and be fully funded by the 25th of September (the due date).

Also, I know the rest of the team is still up in the air (figuratively). Some people have backed out and we might be short a few people. Pray that God raises up the perfect team to go on this trip and that we all raise the money needed to go. If any of you could support me financially I would also appreciate that. I'm not worried too badly about getting the funds needed so if you aren't able to give then that is totally fine! If you know of other people who might be interested in supporting me - give them the link to this blog. Thanks!

Donations are tax deductible if you donate online. Go to www.emiworld.org and click on the “Donate” tab at the top right of the page. Then, fill out your payment information and finally, type “Tim Berry - eMi UK - #11008” in the “Designation” line and click the "Submit Contribution" button. That should be it. If you have any questions, let me know.

If you're old fashioned, I will also take checks/cash. Those won't be tax deductible though. :/


Thank you so much for both your prayer and financial support! I really appreciate it! God bless!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Hits

Free Hit Counter