Sunday, May 24, 2009

.. And So It Begins

Well, I decided to finally create a blog. I have realized that it will encourage me to write down my thoughts more often and it will also get me to share some (no, I will not share EVERYTHING) of my thoughts with all y'all. I've been thinking about creating one for a while now and I finally have some time now (w00t! summer!) so I did it!

Just yesterday, I was cleaning my room, which, if you've seen my room lately, you would understand how big of a task this was! I randomly decided to open up a drawer in a file cabinet I used to keep old sermon notes/journals in. I decided to take a "quick" look through "some" of the notes, and before I knew it, I had spent a couple of hours reading through them. Some of the notes were from over 5 years ago! It was amazing how much I have grown/learned since then. I will definitely have to blog about it sometime. I was so glad that I had kept them all this time. It was really interesting reading them and it really encouraged me to create this blog.

Another factor that contributed to this blog getting created was that this past week I've had a lot of really good talks (and I mean really good) with some awesome friends. I've probably had 4 long talks with some of my close friends that have really made me think and have encouraged me. I love it! I wish it happened more frequently and it made me want to write down some of the stuff that I'm thinking about. Hopefully I will get around to it soon.

Also, I am really beginning to realize how important encouragement is. It is truly amazing how such a small word of encouragement can make all the difference to a person. I hope that God will use this blog to help encourage people!

On a side note, I found a $10 iTunes gift card at the bottom of that drawer that my brother had given me about 4 years ago. I must not have had iTunes back then, but I was happy that I still had it. It really made my day! Haha.

Well, I could go on and talk for a long time right now, but I am hearing my bed calling. I just got new silky sheets and an awesome comforter that I am dying to test out! Hopefully I won't sleep in too late (sooo tempting!) cuz I am trying to do a better job at getting to church on time. :) ..Until next time. Cheers.

1 comment:

..Hits

Free Hit Counter